23/10/2022

I had a Hungarian-language HTML-language blog in 2009-2010

And I'm going to share the essence of it here...
  • My Golden Sierpinski Triangle (Félegyházi háromszög) was already there.
  • My Sharpening of the Goldbach conjecture was already there.
  • Some of my thoughts about material implication were already there (imperfectly), including the following logical paradoxon: "If I were half as clever as a 14-year-old as I had been then, I would have been more clever than Albert Einstein when discovering the Theory of Relativity." (as it is said that everything comes from a false statement, and I was not half as clever).
  • For each vertex of a convex polyhedron, take the angle that is left out when summing its angles at that vertex (so  substract the sum from 360 degrees), and prove that the sum of the  angles of this kind are equal to 720 degrees. (Note: I made polyhedra  from paper using this knowledge, so I didn't need advanced math.)
  • For the segments between four points in 3D space, find a formula or  more formulas that sufficiently describe the constraints about the lengths of  these segments can be (and those will be more strict than the triangle inequalities, and maybe more strict than other known inequalities as well.
  • Promotion of  Hungarian sources were already there (KÖMAL, books of George Pólya)
  • Promotion of interesting things were there [cos(pi/5), n|(n-2)!-1, n!m!|(n+m-1)!]
  • Some minor things were already there (Sokoban levels, my goals, etc)
  • Maybe the following insight was not part of that blog, but an earlier homepage in the University: "Prove Fermat's Little Theorem by searching for the answer to the question: how much information can you store in N bits or units, if the bits are arranged around a circle and the places at the circle are indistinguishable?" (Note: I claim that I have rediscovered Fermat's Little Theorem before we learnt about it in the University, but you don't need to believe me, of course.)
  • The following conjecture, which might be very significant: "If a number is the sum of two consecutive square numbers, and it is not sum of any other two square numbers, then the number is prime. And in reverse, if the sum of two consecutive square numbers is prime, then it is not the sum of two other square numbers (where 0 is considered a square number)." I even conjectured that this may be proved by the Brahmagupta-Fibonacci identity, but I did not have time for it.
  • Transformation of the Collatz-conjecture to four 8k+2n+1 cases, where 0<=n<=3
  • Trying to find a fractal similar to Barnsley, but symmetric (sorry, the images are lost before 2020).
That homepage of mine had many versions, I've found this much today. But if I'm sharing my old things anyway, why not share those things which were published in 2014, but removed?

  • It was not exactly written by these words, but playing the Chaos-game with a ratio of 1/2 makes the Sierpinski-triangle, with the Golden Ratio, my Golden Sierpinski fractal imaged below, and there exist other ratios as well between the two, for which the overlapping of the fractal is lucky, because the overlapping parts are identical.

  • Binary representation of rational numbers without decimal point, e.g.:
+1=01
+2=011
+4=0111
+3 = 01101
+3.141601562 = 011010010010001

  • Optimize (maximize): O=L^3*W*P^2, where L+W+P=1
  • Two very interesting (but secret) things in Planar Geometry
So this blog post was about my old things in bulk. Now comes a longer silence here, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment